Requried Documents and Information for Master’s Degree Program Applications
1) Printed online Application Form, signed and with a photo attached. To apply to two programs, two copies of the online application form (signed and with photo attached) and two sets of all documents listed below must be submitted.
2) Passport photocopy (for foreign candidates)
3) One passport-style photo
4) Transcripts (Turkish or English with wet signature / with an e-signature containning verification code)
Uncertified copies of wet signed transcript will not be accepted.
Transcripts in a language other than Turkish or English must be submitted with a certified Turkish or English translation to the Institute along with the original transcript.
Applicants who have not yet graduated from their undergraduate programs can submit their up-to-date official transcripts, including grades up to the preceding semester.
5) ALES exam results (ALES scores are valid for 5 years. The control code should be clearly legible in the exam result document.)
Applicants must earn a minimum score of 60 on the ALES quantitative exam or 151 on the GRE quantitative exam.
For the Engineering Management Master Program, an official document from SGK certifying that the applicant has at least 1250 days of work experience may be submitted in place of ALES.
ALES results are not required for admission to the non-thesis Master of Science in Architectural Restoration or the non-thesis Master of Science in Mathematics.
6) The medium of instruction at our institution is 100% English. However, a certificate of English proficiency is not required during the application process. Accepted candidates are required to satisfy one of the English proficiency exemption conditions or pass the IzTech English Proficiency Exam in order to start their graduate programs.
Accepted candidates that do not satisfy the English language proficiency requirements and do not pass the IzTech School of Foreign Languages English Proficiency Exam will register to the IZTECH English Preparatory Program. These students are then subject to the regulations of the IzTech School of Foreign Languages English Preparatory Program. Students who satisfy the requirements of said regulations can then start their graduate programs.
However, candidates that are accepted to the non-thesis Engineering Management Master Program are required to either satisfy one of the English language proficiency requirements or pass the IZTECH School of Foreign Languages English Proficiency Exam to register. For this program, accepted candidates that do not satisfy said conditions are not allowed to register to the English Preparatory Program.
For English proficiency exemption, students with sufficient YDS or YÖKDİL exam scores must submit official exam result documents with clearly legible control codes.
For English language proficiency exemption conditions, click here.
7) Two reference letters (A sample reference letter form is provided in the link below. References can complete this form and send it in a sealed envelope to our institute.)
For the reference letter form, click here.
Reference letters in formats other than the above form are also accepted.
8) Letter of Intent specifying the candidate’s motivation for pursuing a master’s degree
9) For working candidates, a document from the employer giving permission to study
Application Deadline and Interview
The application starting date is December 04, 2019, and the deadline is December 26, 2019. After online application, all application documents must be submitted in person or sent by postal mail to the application address given below. Foreign applicants can also send the required application information and documents by e-mail. The deadline for application documents to reach our institution is December 26, 2019. Late application documents are not taken into consideration. All applicants who submit the complete list of documents and whose applications are accepted will attend interview exams in the announced date and place.
İZTECH Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences
Gülbahçe 35430 Urla / İzmir / Turkey
Tel: +90 232 750 6362
For graduate programs accepting applications for admission, click here.
For interview and/or written exam dates, click here.
To begin your graduate school application, click here.