General Application Conditions
1) Applicants must have successfully completed at least one semester of a graduate program in IzTech or another higher education institute.
2) For transfer from a non-thesis master’s program to a thesis master’s program, applicants must earn a minimum score of 60 on the ALES quantitative exam or 151 on the GRE quantitative exam. ALES and GRE scores are valid for 5 years.
3) Students applying for transfer from programs whose medium of instruction is not 100% English must meet one of the English proficiency exemption conditions stated in the IzTech School of Foreign Languages English Preparatory School Regulations in order to register for their programs.
English Proficiency Requirements
- Having graduated in the last three academic years, from a department in which the medium of instruction is 100% English,
- Having completed at least 3 years of their secondary education in a country where English is spoken as a native language and in an institution attended by the citizens of that country.
- Getting a certain grade within the last 2 years in one of the international English language exams which are designed to evaluate the students’ minimum level of English required to get higher education in countries which have English as their native language. According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: TOEFL: 84 (IBT)
- Getting a certain grade within the last 5 years in one of the foreign language exams such as YDS, e-YDS, and YÖKDİL, which are administered by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Center). According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: YDS (70) or e-YDS (70) or YÖKDİL (70).
- Being successful in the English Proficiency Exam given by the IZTECH School of Foreign Languages (if they apply for the graduate programs within 3 years as of the date the exam was administered).
Students satisfying one of the above conditions are exempt from English Proficiency Requirements.
Programs Open to Transfer Student Applications in the Fall Semester of the 2020-2021 Academic Year (It will be announced in July.)
General Required Documents for Transfer Applications
2) One passport-style photo
3) Certified transcript of the program from which the student is transferring
4) Foreign Language exam result document
Applicants must have earned a minimum score of 70 from a Turkish English proficiency exam such as YDS, YDS-e, or YÖKDİL (taken within the past five years) or a minimum score of 84 from the TOEFL iBT Test (taken within the past two years).
5) Up-to-date student certificate
6) Document from the student’s current institute certifying that he or she has not committed a disciplinary offence.
7) For transfer from a non-thesis master’s program to a thesis master’s program, ALES result document (valid for 5 years).
8) Passport photocopy (for foreign candidates)
Application Deadline and Interview
The application period begins in July 13, 2020 and the deadline is July 27, 2020. All application documents must be submitted in person or sent by postal mail to the application address given below. Applications sent by post must arrive by July 27, 2020. No extensions or exceptions are granted for postal delays. All applicants who submit the complete list of documents and whose applications are accepted will attend interview exams interview exams in the announced date and place.
İZTECH Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences
Gülbahçe 35430 Urla / İzmir / Turkey
Tel: +90 232 750 6362
Tel: +90 232 750 6352
Announcement of Applicant Evaluations
The results of applicant evaluations of the examination jury will be announced on our website after being discussed and approved by the Institute Board of Directors.
Students who have been accepted for transfer must not leave the institution from which they are transferring for any reason until they have completed registration with out institute.
For a sample Transfer Application Petition, click here.