Required Documents and Information for Applications to Ph.D. Programs with a Bachelor’s Degree
1) Printed online Application Form, signed and with a photo attached. To apply to two programs, two copies of the online application form (signed and with photo attached) and two sets of all documents listed below must be submitted.
2) Passport photocopy (for foreign candidates)
3) One passport-style photo
4) Transcripts (Turkish or English e-government printout with wet signature or verification code)
Certified transcript copies other than e-government printouts with verification code will not be accepted.
Transcripts in a language other than Turkish or English must be submitted with a certified Turkish or English translation to the Institute along with the original transcript.
Applicants are required to have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
5) Certification of graduation (Diploma/ temporary graduation certificate/e-government graduation certificate with legible control code)
6) Following acceptance to the program, Turkish citizens studying abroad and international students must submit a Recognition letter from the Turkish Council of Higher Education (https://denklik.yok.gov.tr/) confirming the quality of their university to the IzTech Student Affairs Office for final registration.
7) ALES exam results (ALES scores are valid for 5 years. The control code should be clearly legible in the exam result document.)
Applicants must earn a minimum score of 80 on the ALES quantitative exam or 156 on the GRE quantitative exam. (Original GRE document required)
8) English Proficiency Exam Results
In order to apply, applicants must have a minimum score of 55 from a Turkish English proficiency exam such as YDS, YDS-e, or YÖKDİL (taken within the past 5 years and with clearly legible control code) or a minimum score of 66 from the TOEFL iBT Test (taken within the past 2 years, official TOEFL document).
The medium of instruction is 100% English. The above mentioned foreign language test scores are just the minimum scores required for application. Admitted applicants must fulfill at least one of the foreign language exemption requirements or pass the English Proficiency Exam of the IzTech School of Foreign Languages in order to start their programs.
Accepted candidates who do not fulfill at least one of the exemption conditions and cannot pass the English Proficiency Exam of the IzTech School of Foreign Languages are enrolled in the IzTech English Preparatory School and are subject to the IzTech School of Foreign Languages English Preparatory School Regulations. Students who fulfill the requirements of these regulations are eligible to enroll in the Ph.D. program.
For English proficiency exemption conditions, click here.
9) Two reference letters (A sample reference letter form is provided in the link below. References can complete this form and send it in a sealed envelope to our institute.)
For the reference letter form, click here.
Reference letters in formats other than the above form are also accepted.
10) Letter of Intent specifying the candidate’s motivation for pursuing a master’s degree
11) For working candidates, a document from the employer giving permission to study
Application Deadline and Interview
The application period begins in May, and the deadline is 19 June 2019. After online application, all application documents must be submitted in person or sent by postal mail. Applications sent by post must arrive by 19 June 2019. No extensions or exceptions are granted for postal delays. All applicants who submit the complete list of documents and whose applications are accepted will attend interview exams.