English Proficiency Requirements and the English Proficiency Exam
In our institute, Education is English, and Master’s and Doctorate students (except the Non-Thesis Engineering Management Master’s Program) whose English level is insufficient,will attend the Preparatory School. However, if they meet one of the below requirements, they will be exempted from English:
1) Having graduated in the last three academic years, from a department in which the medium of instruction is 100% English,
2) Having completed at least 3 years of their secondary education in a country where English is spoken as a native language and in an institution attended by the citizens of that country.
3) Getting a certain grade within the last 2 years in one of the international English language exams which are designed to evaluate the students’ minimum level of English required to get higher education in countries which have English as their native language. According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: TOEFL: 84 (IBT)
4) Getting a certain grade within the last 5 years in one of the foreign language exams such as YDS, e-YDS, and YÖKDİL, which are administered by ÖSYM (Student Selection and Placement Center). According to what has been determined by the Senate of the Institute, minimum scores required from these exams are as follows: YDS (70) or e-YDS (70) or YÖKDİL (70).
5) Being successful in the English Proficiency Exam given by the IZTECH School of Foreign Languages (if they apply for the graduate programs within 3 years as of the date the exam was administered).