A. Documents and Information Required for Formal Application to Ph.D. Programs with a Bachelor’s Degree
1) The printout of the online pre-registration form – signed and with a photo attached (To apply for two programs, two copies of the online pre-registration form (photographed and signed) and all the documents stated below should be submitted to the Graduate School.)
2) Passport photocopy (For foreign national candidates)
3) One passport-style photo
4) Bachelor of Science and Master of Science transcripts (certified)
- Applicants are required to have a Bachelor’s degree. The applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 out of 4 (80/100).
5) T.C. citizens who studies abroad, and international students after they are accepted to the program, they have to submit HIE Recognition letter taken from Turkey Council of Higher Education to the Iztech Registrar’s Office on the final registration date.
6) ALES exam result (It is valid for 5 years from the date announced.)
- Applicants are required to have at least 80 points from ALES quantitative (received within 5 years) or GRE quantitative >= 156 (received within 5 years). (GRE Original Copy)
7) Certificate of English Language Exam Results
Applicants are required to submit original certificates of English Exam Results. Either YÖKDİL, YDS, e-YDS results (minimum 55 points, taken in the last five years from the exam date) or TOEFL (IBT) results (minimum 66 points, taken in the last two years from the exam date, original TOEFL exam certificate) are accepted.
The language of education at our institution is 100% English. Candidates that are accepted are required to satisfy one of the language exemption conditions or to be successful at the İYTE School of Foreign Languages English Proficiency Exam in order to start their graduate programs.
Accepted candidates that do not satisfy the exemption conditions and that are also unsuccessful at the İYTE School of Foreign Languages English Proficiency Exam may register to the İYTE English Prepatory Program and in this case they are subject to the İYTE School of Foreign Languages Department of Basic English Preparatory Class Regulations. Students who satisfy the requirements of the said regulations are allowed to register to the graduate program that they are accepted.
8) Two reference letters (Two different samples of reference letter that can be taken from the link below will be filled by the references and delivered to the Institute in a close envelope with other papers in registration).
9) Letter of Intention
10) Working candidates need to submit a document from their employers which states their permission.
Deadline for the Formal Applications
The applications to these programs start in December and the final application deadline will be 25 December 2018. The application documents are required to be submitted in person or to be sent by postal mail. The deadline for the applications sent by postal mail to arrive at our institute is 25 December 2018, there will not be any extensions/exceptions. All applicants who has submitted the complete list of documents and whose application files have been accepted are required to enter the interview exams.